You can set an order on a dimension (see below.)  That order should apply to
reports that pivot on the dimension.  I'm not sure what the rules are for
combining sort orders from two dimensions, or if there's a way to set multiple
orders for different levels of a hierarchy.

class DateDimension < ActiveWarehouse::Dimension
  set_order :calendar_month_number
end