Very sorry to report that this service was terminated a while ago

From: Adastra [mailto:adastra-boun...@lists.sxbrc.org.uk] On Behalf Of Peter
Hodge
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2017 20:55
To: Adastra discussion group
Subject: Re: [Adastra] Getting to the 2017 Adastra Recorders Seminar

Thanks very much for alerting me Chris, you are quite right.

I knew the No. 40x didn't run on Saturdays and I must have presumed this also
applied to the No. 40.  What I didn't know is the "current" Brighton & Hove
"Bus Times magazine - Autumn 2016 to Spring 2017" for the No. 40 route is
incorrect and Compass Buses amended virtually every departure time as from 9th
Jan 2017 - so travellers on the No.40 route BEWARE!

Back to the Adastra Seminar, there is a No. 40 bus that works nicely that
connects with the 270 in Haywards Heath (The 270 is the only route that goes
anywhere near the college on a Saturday).  Note that the Haywards Heath
circular town bus No.30 runs too far to the north of the college to be worth
considering.

BUS ROUTE FROM BRIGHTON TO HAYWARDS HEATH

40  Brighton Old Steine (Stop D)         Dep.  08:10

     Haywards Heath Perrymount Rd.    Arr.   09:08

270 Haywards Heath Perrymount Rd.  Dep.  09:18

      Lindfield opp West Common Drive  Arr.   09:21

>From Perrymount Road to Oathall Comunity College is about 1 mile's walk, OK if
>it's not raining!

One good thing resulting from this discussion is that there are likely to be
others who weren't aware that all No. 40 bus times have recently been changed
by Compass!

Peter Hodge