On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 01:17:32PM +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
As for 2015-04, I oppose it as it tries yet again to bring M&A
under policy regulation (s. 2.2) which the community has no
business doing.

Please educate me why the community has no business doing this.
I would have thought that was well within scope for the address
policy.

In market-based economies, M&As -including the disposal of
assets- are a matter for the parties involved and, occasionally, a state regulator, which the NCC is NOT.
It is unthinkable in such a society that business decisions are
subject to the whim of random people on a mailing list. The
RIPE NCC recognises that and puts M&A firmly outside policy.
Where it should remain unless the desire is that every transfer
application or M&A notification start with filing suit against
the NCC.

rgds,
Sascha Luck