Randy Bush wrote:
> did it say anything about price?  i missed that?  i did not think
> the AP WG dealt with pricing; so it would be pretty strange.

You're correct in saying that APWG does not deal with pricing, but it's
a bit jesuitical not to acknowledge that the practical impact of this
policy change will be a dramatic increase in RIR-allocated ipv4 addresses.

> but we can postpone the inevitable so folk have time to get in
> the lifeboats.

There is no amount of time that will be enough.

> so do we want to do it in a controlled and managed fashion or
> chaotically?

I genuinely don't think that this proposal will impact much on this
either way.

Nick