* Tom Hill <tom.h...@bytemark.co.uk> [2017-09-21 16:27]:
> Over half of the table is made-up of /24s; that is not a coincidence.
>
> If any new "standard" is chosen for the minimum visible prefix size, you
> can bet all of those /24 announcements will start turning into a lot
> more /25 announcements very quickly.
>
> "But otherwise I'm liable to hijack!", ad infinitum.
>
> I dunno about you, but I can see a lot of operators not being too happy
> with a ~25% increase in the number of prefixes they're storing in TCAM.

I think getting the DFZ to lower the minimum prefix size from a /24 is
nothing more than wishful thinking. I would bet that IPv4 will run out
completely before that happens.

Regards

Sebastian

--
GPG Key: 0x93A0B9CE (F4F6 B1A3 866B 26E9 450A  9D82 58A2 D94A 93A0 B9CE)
            -- Terry Pratchett, The Fifth Elephant