Once the discussions for these packages are finished and we have a plan
for what we will do with them, we can implement it and then ship alpha5.
 This will give us a very solid foundation to build on for alpha6 and
then beta1.

The following packages must be moved to system/ no matter what we do:

linux-headers (we ship arches that Alpine do not)

llvm4         (Alpine only ship llvm5 now)

openssl       (arch stuff like linux-headers)

The following packages must be moved to system/ due to dependency on
`cmd:which`:

i3lock

libvpx

The following packages must be moved to system/ due to Python 2 changes
that would break Alpine packages:

boost

gamin

libevent

libxml2

libxslt

mesa

postgresql

py-dbus

py-mako

weechat

The following packages must be moved to system/ due to us requiring them
to be built with PAM support:

consolekit2

openssh

polkit

sudo

The following packages must be moved to system/ if Alpine does not
change LibreSSL back to OpenSSL for the provider of libssl and libcrypto:

abuild

apr-util

ca-certificates

clamav

cryptsetup

cups

curl

cyrus-sasl

git

heimdal

hexchat

iputils

irssi

krb5

libfetch

libssh2

libwebsockets

links

mariadb

mosquitto

mutt

neon

rtmpdump

ssmtp

vde2

We will also move poppler-qt5 to user/; this should have never been
added to main/ in our fork.

The following packages have test suites that would break on Alpine and
will either be moved to system/ or marked !check:

attr     (Perl 5 issues)

kyua     (Requires sysctl change)

openldap (Requires two hours on PPC)

parted   (Experimental Python 3 changes to test suite)

tzdata   (Requires package `sp` which is in Adélie user/ only)

zsh      (Does not seem to work on Alpine)

This large amount of churn is the reason why alpha5 is being delayed so
much further than expected.  We will be able to move much faster after
these issues are sorted.

Best,
--arw

--