Dear all- I seemed to have solved my own problem somehow it might have to do something 
with the screensaver turned off- out of the blue it worked???
Thanks for your replies!
Stefanie Kappel ARPS
Photography & Digital  Imaging

www.stefaniekappel.com



   From: "Demetrios Sboukis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: stuttering video playback

I have the same problem some times with much smaller projects. I have
noticed though that if I use a lot of transitions and video effects it
does it more often then otherwise.
I came to the conclusion that it is not a hardware issue but a software
issue. Moving the clips out of their position (right or left) and then
putting it back on its original position seemed to help the project to
come back to its senses.
 
I hope this helps
-----Original Message-----
From: Stefanie Kappel [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 12:45 PM
To: Adobe Premier List
Subject: [AP] stuttering video playback
 
Dear all

Now this is a difficult one as I have tried already quite a few things:
I have a fairly complex project I am working on. (about 20GB size with a
lot of transitions music and so on) Two days ago it played back fine- no
problems. The following morning I open the project and the playback
seems to stutter VERY slightly from time to time- not always. When I go
back to the point where it seemed to go a bit slower this part is out of
the blue fine and it occurs somewhere else. The audio is fine.
Now: I have the project on an external harddrive with enough space left
on it- I also defragmented it. This external harddrive never gave me any
problems so far and I worked on huge projects with it (meaning it is
fast enough)
The only thing other that might have anything to do with it is that two
days ago before the whole thing happened I deleted a couple of files
from my project window and screwed (sorry my language) my project a bit
up- to say the least. But I rescued it somehow again. Before you advice
me to go back to one of the automatic aved version of the program- I
can't either it does not change anything or I have deleted them as
well...
Any ideas why the playback seems to 'hang' occaionalyy even though when
I go back to the same spot it works but then it hangs somewhere later.
The only time I had this was when I played back a video cd on my
computer where it was better to transfer the movie to my computer and
then play it.
Any ideas?
Many thanks
Stefanie Kappel ARPS
Photography & Digital  Imaging

www.stefaniekappel.com

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Make a clean sweep of pop-up ads. Yahoo! Companion Toolbar.
Now with Pop-Up Blocker. Get it for free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to