Good explanation Frank!

-
Sune
www.suneworld.com
MSN: [EMAIL PROTECTED]


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Frank" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [AP] cartoon animation


> 
> 
> Hi Jean, 
> 
> I might as well give this explanation a shot...   When you saw 
> Taky's video, it was sent to your computer from a 'server', not from 
> his computer.  Taky had uploaded his video to a server, after 
> transcoding it to the appropriate file format, usually .wmv or .rm 
> (windows media video or real media), from his computer.  Servers 
> store massive about of files; info, images, sound, video. And have 
> the ability (in terms of bandwith) to stream it (send it) to many 
> pc's simultaneously. 
> 
> Server space is rented or is free, and the free ones usually don't 
> offer that much storage space; maybe about 20mb. The music video 
> playing at my site is about 10mb, now that its encoded to a .wmv 
> file, and set to play only on broadband connected pc's. When you 
> encode or transcode (same thing) to .wmv or .rm, or any other file 
> formats, you have a lot of options, and they will affect the 
> resulting size of the video after transcoding. My paid for server 
> space gives me 750mb to use.. which is a lot to me.  Some servers 
> won't 'host' video files, or maybe I should say won't 'serve' (send 
> or stream) them.  A lot of the free ones won't.
> 
> You  can use server space without owning a domain name, and you can 
> just provide URL's to each specific file for others to view it or 
> download it. Yahoo geocities, for example (not sure if they host 
> video files).  If you want to have a 'website' you need to buy a 
> domain name first. Mine is Time-LineProductions.com, but you don't 
> need to, if all you want to do is allow people to see a video file 
> that you created. You can just upload it to a server and then 
> provide your audience with the URL
> 
> A URL (uniform resource locator (check spelling)) is the web address 
> to a specific file, such as the one to the video playing on my site: 
> http://www.time-lineproductions.com/videofiles/flmu256and56kwmp.wmv
> All that is the URL to that particular video file on the server that 
> I use. A URL is also called a 'link'. Taky provided the link to his 
> video in his posting. You click on the link, and are taken to the 
> file site, or you could say its sent to your computer.
> 
> I hope this helps you..  Someone took the time to explain it all to 
> me on a forum like this before, so I'm trying to do part by trying 
> to explain it to you.
> 
> Any group members that see any errors in this explanation, please 
> correct me.
> 
> Frank 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Jean Chang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
> wrote:
>> Stephanie,
>> No I don't have a website. I only made a couple of little movies 
> that I
>> wanted my friends to be able to see, but had no idea how to get it 
> to them
>> through the internet. The files are too big to attach to an e-
> mail, and when
>> I saw Taky's video where you only have to click to open it in 
> Windows Media
>> Player, I thought it would be wonderful if I could do that.
>> Thanks,
>> Jean Chang
>> ----- Original Message ----- 
>> From: "Stefanie Kappel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> To: "Adobe Premier List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 6:37 AM
>> Subject: [AP] cartoon animation
>> 
>> 
>> > Dear Jean- do you have a website? If not this is a bit 
> complicated to
>> explain. You need to buy a webname first- than you need a hosting 
> plan- than
>> you need to prepare your files to put them out on the web (I use 
> namo
>> webeditor) and once they are out you can send the link to your 
> friends. If
>> you buy a host plan make sure they allow you to download up to 
> 100mb or at
>> least enough as your video will take up a lot of space on the 
> site. The
>> bigger the video you download (meaning the smaller the 
> compression) the
>> better the quality obviously. So you need to let us know first 
> whether you
>> already have awebsite running and whether you only want to know 
> how to
>> compress the video to get it out or whether you have to start from 
> scratch?
>> > Best wishes
>> > Stefanie Kappel ARPS
>> > Photography & Digital  Imaging
>> >
>> > www.stefaniekappel.com
>> > >I asked this before, but no one responded...can anyone tell me 
> how to put
>> a
>> > video on the web like the way Taky did it? I have the movie, I 
> just need a
>> > way to provide a link so I can tell my friends how to view it.
>> > Thanks,
>> > Jean Chang
>> >
>> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > Yahoo! Groups Links
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to