On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Sune wrote:

> 
> I've heard a lot of good things about both Avid and Final Cut Pro.
> I think I'll be switching to Avid as a test on my next project..
> 
> Does anyone here on the list have experience with Avid?


Final Cut Pro requires a Mac and yes, I hear good things about it.
pseudo.com are Mac+FCP shop, they love it. It seems that wedding etc. 
videographers use AP, over-the-air broadcast types use Avid, and the 
typical funky arts crowd who have been on Mac since the beginning are 
using FCP.

Macs are great. This Powerbook I've got the use of is very impressive 
laptop. The price, though, of a FCP-capable desktop Mac is enough of a 
premium over the Pentium-IV 3GHz machines (admittedly the Mac G5's are
dual cpu but I can live with a 1 cpu desktop...) that you could pay for
a serious level copy of Avid. So I stuck with PCs.  That still leaves
the choice of Avid and APPro (everybody uses Adobe After Effects btw
even Avid users).

I have used a trial copy of AP and it was sort of ok. Part of my problem
is as well the MPEG encoding side. My friend who is an Avid Symphony 
editor uses Cleaner Pro , in a older version no longer available but which 
still works for him in his Win2K edit environment. So it seems a
separate issue from the choice of Avid and AP.
I have downloaded, but not yet installed or used, a copy of Avid Xpress.
Its a free entry level product from Avid I guess to get you acquainted 
with their user interface. When I get through with my current round of 
still photo editing I hope to get back to video. I welcome pointers to
head to head comparisons between Avid and APPro 1.5.





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to