Have you watched the encoded file on your computer?  If so, does the 
file work flawlessly?  If so then your problem would seem to be in 
your authoring software and/or burner.

When I was using Nero I would encode the avi files to Nerodigital 
using Nero Recode, then I would use the recoded files to author the 
dvd.  Worked great for me but I was using Nero for the recode and for 
the authoring.  As soon as I moved out of Nero for authoring I 
started having problems.

Now I edit in Premiere Pro, encode using CinemaCraft Encoder and 
author with Encore.  I know the MainConcept Encoder that is bundled 
with Premiere Pro is good, I just don't think it gives you enough 
control over the bitrates.

It could just be you have a bad batch of dvd's.  This is another 
confusing subject.  I have had good luck with FujiFilm +R.  I have 
noticed that most of their +R that I see out there are made in Japan 
while most of their -R are made in Taiwan.  However, even this is not 
the case 100% of the time.  There are people who swear that all dvd 
media made in Taiwan and inferior to those made in Japan.  Do some 
research about what media works best with your burner over at 
dvdrhelp.com.

I have been working pretty intensively with dvd authoring and burning 
in the last six months and I can tell you that at the consumer level 
the market is still wide open.  If you are serious about getting the 
best, most consistent product, you must be willing to invest 
significant time in trial-and-error along with reading everything you 
can find on the web.

I think one of the hardest things for we consumers to understand is 
why our dvd's don't look like the ones from Hollywood.  I have read 
that the Hollywood studios use encoders and codecs that cost tens-of-
thousands of dollars, and to squeeze every ounce of quality onto a 
dvd they spend months on the encoding process, sometimes even 
encoding one frame at a time to have total control of where their 
bitrate is being used.

I don't want to discourage you.  It is possible to get decent 
quality.  You just have to work at it.  There are no easy answers to 
a question like your's, and what has worked for me may not work for 
you.  This is where you will decide if the reward is worth the effort.

Rob

--- In [email protected], "Michelle" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> I am exporting the timeline from AP 6.5 to an avi file using the 
Microsoft DV  (ntsc) compressor and the audio rate is 48000 
uncompressed.  When the export is complete then I use Nero 5.5 (also 
tried 6) to author the dvd using the avi file.  I am using FujiFilm 
DVD-R media with NO labels.  I also tried WinAvi software to encode 
the avi file and then used Nero to author the vob file to DVD and the 
results were the same.
> 
> Any thoughts?
> 
> Michelle
>   ----- Original Message ----- 
>   From: rsgars 
>   To: [email protected] 
>   Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:34 AM
>   Subject: [AP] Re: AVI to DVD
> 
> 
> 
>   How are you encoding the avi file?  What bitrate are you using?  
What 
>   brand of dvd are you using?  There are many variables that can 
effect 
>   the avi-to-dvd process, including the use of paper labels on the 
dvd 
>   disc.  Are you putting labels on your dics?
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to