>----Is it because that subject is interfering with the rest of the
>discussions or is it in the hopes of atttracting more streaming experts?
>
>JeffH

<<People who use FCX, FCP, Avid, Ulead etc are interested in internet-video 
as well and it wouldn't be logic for them to join the Premiere group to be 
able to discuss internet-video.>>


-----I dont see any harm or foul in FCX FCP AVID and Ulead users doing whatever 
they want in a Premiere forum, because not everyone uses a single program.
I started with AVID way back in the mid eighties and gave up on it because it 
was a royal pain....I stuck with tape till the bitter end.
Then, after I got back into things I started with Premiere because I could not 
afford AVID, or the esoteric machines it ran on, but since then I have 
purchased Vegas, Ulead and am planning to get AVID DV Xpress.
I still use Premiere for the bulk of my local commercial shoots and the little 
corporate docco/instructionals and Ulead for the home stuff, and I've only 
barely cracked the case on the Vegas but I see an awful lot to like about it 
once I get it mastered and of course AVID DV Xpress is a great one. All of 
these proggies have more in common than not, and its important to share and 
learn from them all.

<<I am planning to set up some kind of contest, different users on different 
platform all downloading the same 30 second DV movie from my server, and 
compress it to an online file using their favorite program, and then 
compare the quality and have a poll, voting for the best picture 
quality/compression rate.

But first let's wait what the members of this Premiere group have to say 
about this.>>

----The contest can be easily won of someone simply uses HARDWARE compression, 
but of course that would be cheating, but how would you know for sure?
How would anyone know if I took a Tandberg EN-5920 and ran the DV through 
it...but it sure would look incredible.
It's great to compare software programs and the job that they with compression, 
and there IS a "compression list" on Yahoo Groups already
and I am a member, but I actually get more currently from the editors on this 
list believe it or not, because most of the members of CL are either Mac or SGI 
and even a few Linux users, and there's a lot of hardware compression 
discussions going on, which is out of my league finance wise at the moment.

But your contest is a must have for the list, and it's going to force me to 
learn how to do custom command-line work on Windows Media Encoder.
If you use command-line in WME you get twenty times the flexibility that you do 
with the graphic user interface, but of course its a pain to learn the command 
lines if you're more of a creative person and less of a programmer, and that's 
pretty much where I stand right now....so it's time for me to grow a little 
more!

JeffH
Ch.S.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to