I would think your tape is ok. The thing I forgot to
ask you was;
What Format Tape? How card and what are you capturing
with ? What file format are you capturing too [AVI,
Codec]?

Your using XP, I would suggest capturing your clips at
about 9min max. A 9 min DV/DVCam clip is about 2 gig
in size [if I remember].
Around 1999 I had the same problem when capturing with
the DC1000 using an anolog input[it has both anolog
and 1394 input/output as AVI/MPEG2]. I started
capturing my clips at the events scene breaks [all
were less than 9min] and I had very few sync problems.
I do the same thing today even with DVCam. I has its
rewards too, now I have an edl and reference in case I
need to recapture a clip. I hope you find this useful.
Regards

--- Cable Guy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  I haven't really been able to
> determine exactly where in the project, the sync
> problem starts.  It was a wedding ceremony, so even
> though there is audio throughout most of the
> project, much of it is just organ or piano music
> which makes it difficult to tell if it's out of
> sync.  There is a vocalist withing the first 10 or
> 12 minutes of capture and the sync is already out at
> that point.  That's actually how I noticed it.  I
> watched and sure enough, on into the video you
> notice it again when the minister and the bride and
> groom are talking.  
>  
> I did find a work around by simply unlinking the
> video and audio in Premiere and nudging the audio
> track over enough to get it matched back up.  I was
> just curious what the root cause was so that next
> time, maybe I could avoid it.  This was the first
> time I picked up my audio feed from the church's
> sound system so I'm wondering if it was their mixing
> board that was the problem, or the length of the
> cables connecting everything together.  ~ shrugs ~
>  
> One thing that I'm going to do is to playback the
> video on my camera and see if it's out of sync
> there.  At least that will tell me if it was
> recorded like that or if it's a Premiere problem. 
> Or at least I think it will tell me that...
>  
> Oh.. I'm using AP v. 7.
>  
> Jeff
> 
> Michael Jaycox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ARe you using v6 or v7?
> 
> If you need a work-around;
> Have you determined how long through the clip
> capture
> your sync problem starts to show up?
> Have you tried capturing your clips duration just
> short of that length? that is capture your tape in
> multiple clips as opposed to one clip.
> 
> Have you tried to 'cut' your clip at the duration
> just
> before it goes out of sync? 
> If you do, does the audio syncs back? 
> Regards
> 
> 
>             
> __________________________________ 
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited 
> Access over 1 million songs. Try it free.
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
> 
> 
> SPONSORED LINKS 
> Video production Video server Video streaming server
> Adobe premiere training Adobe premiere pro Adobe
> premiere 6.5 
> 
> ---------------------------------
> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 
> 
> 
>     Visit your group "Adobe-Premiere" on the web.
>   
>     To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
> to:
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>   
>     Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
> Yahoo! Terms of Service. 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------
> 
> 
> 
>               
> ---------------------------------
>  Yahoo! Music Unlimited - Access over 1 million
> songs. Try it free.
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been
> removed]
> 
> 



                
__________________________________ 
Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com


------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/T8sf5C/tzNLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to