Hello Sune, I am assuming we are talking about Premiere 1.5.........You can add track based effects to an audio track and it will apply to all clips on that track, likewise you can apply an effect the the master track and all audio will be effected by the filter. You can also create a submix track and apply the filter there then send any track you wish to have the effect applied to the submix track. Another way of using a submix track is to create a mono submix track and send stereo audio to it. This will have the effect of combining the L and R channel of the audio and placing the mix on both L and R tracks, this is usefull when audio is recorded with separate mics on each channel and you are dealing with television stations that only broadcast the left channel (a lot of cable channels do this) Regards, Richard Peoples
-----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Sune Alexandersen Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 11:11 AM To: [email protected] Subject: Re: [AP] Monitoring audio in Premiere Pro! I added limiter to all the seperate clips and it worked flawlessly! But you say I should add it to the master track. Does this mean that I can add the effect to multiple audio clips on the same audio channel? - RJ's are the best alarmclocks www.suneworld.com www.boxmod.net - Jeg modifiserer din Xbox innen 24 timer! ----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Rossiter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Friday, October 21, 2005 2:38 PM Subject: RE: [AP] Monitoring audio in Premiere Pro! > Yes, digital audio should NEVER go into the red... so you must care about > the peaks. > > Maybe it's just one clip that you can easily adjust (play your movie, > watch > the audio meters... does it hit red straight away, or just at a certain > point?) > > But the easier route (after a small learning curve) is to add a Limiter to > the Master audio track, set to -1db. This will stop the sound ever going > over. > > I'm not near an edit suite at the minute, but look up on how to add an > audio > effect to the Master track; you'll find a Limiter under the Dynamics > section. > > Once you get into adding audio effects, you could also learn about > compression etc also... all useful stuff to get a good volume level, with > every sound clear, without distortion. > > Linda > > Linda Rossiter > Creative Director > Rossiter & Co Ltd > 01695 726887 > www.rossiterandco.com > > > -----Original Message----- > From: [email protected] > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Sune Alexandersen > Sent: 21 October 2005 10:52 > To: [email protected] > Subject: [AP] Monitoring audio in Premiere Pro! > > > Hi People! > I'm looking at the master volume meter in my project and I notice that it > hits the top sometimes and gets red. Does this mean that I'm gonna run in > to > the dreaded digital distortion? > Are there any easy way to fix this? I thought that if I right click the > clip > and select Normalize it would fix it but it's still red. > > Should I care about these red peaks or should I forget them? > And in case I need to fix them, how? Should I manually track them down and > lower the volume? > > - > RJ's are the best alarmclocks > > www.suneworld.com > www.boxmod.net - Jeg modifiserer din Xbox innen 24 timer! > > > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links > > > > > > > Yahoo! Groups Links ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> Get Bzzzy! (real tools to help you find a job). Welcome to the Sweet Life. http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM --------------------------------------------------------------------~-> Yahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/ <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
