Jean-- thanks for adding a new word to my editing lexicon. This
problem--which is very difficult to describe--has been called flicker,
twitter, flutter, jitter, oscillation, wavering, etc. (And now sparkling!)

This usually happens around very thin lines, particularly horizontal lines.
This is because the pattern is so thin, it is on only one field, but not the
other--so it appears to sparkle, as you put. This also happens with very
long image pans, and very long text rolls.

This can usually be solved by adding a very subtle gaussian blur to your
clip. Such as 2.5 or 3.0. Keep increasing the blur amount until you no
longer see it. At least, I hope this helps. I also would have thought
deinterlacing might help, so I could be completely insane.

Also, know that sometimes this is more prevalent on your premiere pro
"preview" monitor, but may not be seen on the final export. FYI. -jeff


----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Jean Chang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 11:46 AM
Subject: [AP] Bright sparkling lines on video


I'm using Premiere Pro 1.5.

I am having a hard time describing what is happening, but here goes:  I made
a slide show in which I use a lot of pan and zoom.  On almost every slide
there is this awful sparkling along certain lines, for example on people's
eyeglass frames, any jewelry around the neck, or even patterns on
clothing--a plaid shirt for instance.  It looks like those parts are
"electrified" and shimmer like they are moving or something.

I've scoured the internet for help, and tried all the suggestions so far:
deinterlace in pre-processing, flicker removal, optimize stills.  I don't
know what else I can try.  My movies come out so nice except for this
annoying thing.  A simple thing like a sweater with a knitted pattern can
come out looking like it is made of metallic thread that sparkles!

Thanks for any advice!


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]





Yahoo! Groups Links










------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to