We just need a clever name for a website. Any brainstorms? I'd be willing to
do the leg work (after I finish working on a certain book that a
non-disclosure agreement prevents me from mentioning). I don't think you'd
be able to store the files on a server, due their immense size.

To me, that is the crux problem: how do you prevent abuse. Since you can't
store the files locally, how do you ensure someone follows-through on their
promise to mail it out. It's as if you would need an escrow type service or
third party to hold the video clips until the contract has been agreed.

I do envision you could create a strict guideline for quicktime/wmv preview
files, that would allow someone to watch snippets of your footage, to
determine if they want to trade. The preview would reside on the server,
possibly. Then I imagine it'd be up to the user to send out the video burned
to a DVD-ROM, in its best format possible. (or an agreed upon format.)  In
addition, I think the database would need to know certain properties of your
clip such as: length, camera model, pod or hand-held, description, keywords,
etc.

I guess it'd be like a swapmeet, or want-ads classifieds. A very cool idea!

----- Original Message ----- 
This is a really neat idea!  When do we start? ;-)

> Alas, videoexchange.com, videoswap, videotrader,
> reelexchange are all taken.
> (unless you went .org or .us or .net) Geez-- is
> there a name on the planet
> that hasn't been taken?  :)
>
> ----- Original Message ----- 
> I think it would be great if there was some kind of
> video clip exchange
> where
> you didn't have to worry about copyrights, and where
> you could just swap
> video clips.



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Most low income households are not online. Help bridge the digital divide today!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to