I have to backup Gary here..
I've edited quite a lot HDV natively in Premiere pro 2 on my system, and it is 
a maaaaajor pain in the **s.
My system is quite hefty, so it isn't because of the hardware.

Although I haven't tried Aspect HD I know it's supposed to speed up the process 
tenfold, I'm more sceptic about the Matrox solution though. But these are just 
assumptions mind you!

---------------
2x 3.4GHZ Intel Xeon
2GB Ram
Nvidia Quadra FX 3450 GFX card
OS: 74 GB WD Raptor
VIDEO: 2x 250GB SATA2

-
www.dunderfilm.no
www.suneworld.com



  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 4:33 PM
  Subject: RE: [AP] HDV


  >WHat is required for the HDV editing?

  While Premiere Pro 2 alone can edit HDV footage, the workflow is very clunky
  and slow. By adding either CineForm Aspect HD software or the new Matrox
  RT.X2 hardware you will get a much better workflow.

  Aspect HD http://www.videoguys.com/cineform.html
  Aspect HD incorporates CineForm IntermediateT technologies to allow you to
  edit multiple HDV streams, add motion titles, color adjustments, dissolves,
  wipes, page peels, picture-in-picture and much more - all in real time,
  without rendering. Think of AspectHD as a software accelerator for Premiere
  Pro. It works just like a real-time hardware accelerator but with this new
  technology - it's software only!

  We have just recieved in our first shipment of RT.X2! We are expecting more
  units to arrive later this week. We are extremely excited about this
  breakthrough new technology for real-time HDV & DV editing. I made the
  following post on the matrox RTX.100 discussion board about the RT.X2, and I
  think it's very important, so I'm adding to todays blog entry:

  RT.X2 http://www.videoguys.com/rtx2.html
  HDV footage at 1080i can pass via firewire to the computer, but when it
  actually comes to editing and working with the footage, you need to be able
  to handle significantly more data - more like 5 times the data of DV. Add in
  the complexity in handling the GOP structure of HDV, and it's just not
  something pure CPU power can handle effectively.

  With the RT.X2 not only can you handle the HDV streams in real-time, you can
  mix HDV & DV footage in the same timeline in real-time. You can also color
  correct in realtime.

  Talk to HDV editors who are used to real-time DV editing, and they'll be
  glad to tell you about the pain they're going through working with HDV
  footage. With RT.X2 the pain is gone, you get the same great workflows you'
  ve come to know and love w/ RTX100.

  Yes, RT.X2 is expensive at 2 grand, but those making money from video and
  working with HDV footage will find it pays for itself quickly.

  Gary
  Videoguys.com



   


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Protect your PC from spy ware with award winning anti spy technology. It's free.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/ADr1lB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Adobe-Premiere/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to