Hello Luc.

I'm not sure that Glacier is a good fit for most TSM data.

TSM has a lot of churn.  Data expires and then you are left with a choice of
reclamation or storing excess data.  Glacier retrieval is slow, so you would
have to mark volumes as offsite to allow reclamation from the primary copy.
(that’s something that we need BTW if anyone from development is reading this,
the ability to mark a copypool as offsite so that the offsite reclamation
strategy is always used).  Glacier storage is cheap but there are access and
retrieval costs, and there is a charge for keeping less than 90 days.

What it would be good for is storing exports or backupsets of data that needs
to be kept for long periods for regulatory purposes, as once written that never
changes.

If it were me I'd go with standard S3 until I understood my data access pattern
and move to Glacier once I was convinced that was a good deal.

I did once set up a system that lived entirely on AWS.  Two TSM Servers in
different zones, that replicated to one another.  We used S3 there, but I was
not further involved after set up.  The TSM Servers were, of course, the
biggest and most expensive resource consumers in the whole fleet.

It would be great if you could report here what you eventually decide

Cheers

Steve

Steven Harris
TSM Admin/Consultant