Hello,
I could not agree more!!!

Bye
  Rainer Tammer

On 18.02.2022 10:03, Florian Bachmann wrote:
Hi,

sigh, I have to wonder — is this part of a grand strategy to further reduce
market share?

Our customers with Solaris on Sparc have no intention at all of purchasing
expensive long term support contracts to continue using the already paid for
backup software (1), nor to implement elaborate workarounds for essential
business requirements (2), nor for replacing recently purchased hardware in
order for the backup software to work (3).

Also, ISP is too expensive to ask customers to accept running unsupported
backup clients (4).

One would have hoped that IBM would at least offer cost neutral long term
support for the latest 7.1 baclients on Sparc to those customers, but no…

Now we have customers asking us why can’t we use Veeam Agent for Solaris
file-level backups… I realize that supporting older clients for Solaris on
Spare has costs associated with it, of course, but this gives customers yet
another reason to consider cheaper and often crappier alternatives…

I find all of this exceedingly frustrating, to be honest.

Kind regards
Florian