Look at your dsmserv.dsk file in /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin. Is it correct?
Does it have an entry for at least one of your database or recovery volumes?
It only needs one 'cos the one db volume will tell it what the rest are.

Bob Smith - Core Infrastructure EMEA
EDS UK c/o Rolls-Royce plc, Derby UK
tel: 01332 522029
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - EDS userid LZTZ3V


-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Levitan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 04 March 2002 15:57
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: server won't come back up!


I get the following message when trying to start the TSM server:

weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin # dsmserv
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 09:50:09 on Oct 17 2000.

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 3, Release 7, Level 4.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.
weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin #

The only thing that I can think of is that I added space(defined and
extended) to the RECOVERY log.  I also DEFINED additional space for my
database but have NOT yet actually extended the database to use the new
space.

Do I have to somehow show TSM my changes???
Does anyone have more info on the ANR0259E error?

Thanks,

Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services

Reply via email to