Hi,

Can you give an example of this command?

First I halted TSM.  That is when it would not come back.  Then I rebooted
the AIX server.

Thanks,
Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services





                    "Davidson,
                    Becky"                 To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    <Becky.Davidson        cc:
                    @SLBG.COM>             Subject:     Re: server won't come back up!
                    Sent by: "ADSM:
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    ST.EDU>


                    03/04/2002
                    01:33 PM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"





vary on/off volume_name wait=yes/no

Try doing a lsvg -p on the volume groups that contain your tsm db and log
volumes to make sure that the volumes are available.  Did you boot the box
between the shutdown and start up of TSM?
Becky

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Levitan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 12:09 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: server won't come back up!


What is the syntax for the ADSM VARY ON command?
I think I might have to manually start the lun.


Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services





                    "PINNI,
                    BALANAND             To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    (SBCSI)"             cc:
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Subject:     Re: server won't come
back up!
                    OM>
                    Sent by:
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                    RIST.EDU>


                    03/04/2002
                    11:09 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"





If u did not extend db that should not matter to come up .I think u need to
use dsmserv audit db cmd line with fix=yes option.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Levitan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 04, 2002 9:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: server won't come back up!


I get the following message when trying to start the TSM server:

weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin # dsmserv
ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 09:50:09 on Oct 17 2000.

Tivoli Storage Manager for AIX-RS/6000
Version 3, Release 7, Level 4.0

Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

5697-TSM (C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1999. All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation.

ANR0900I Processing options file dsmserv.opt.
ANR0990I Server restart-recovery in progress.
ANR0259E Unable to read complete restart/checkpoint information from any
database or recovery log volume.
weboadsm: /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin #

The only thing that I can think of is that I added space(defined and
extended) to the RECOVERY log.  I also DEFINED additional space for my
database but have NOT yet actually extended the database to use the new
space.

Do I have to somehow show TSM my changes???
Does anyone have more info on the ANR0259E error?

Thanks,

Marc Levitan
Storage Manager
PFPC Global Fund Services

Reply via email to