This makes no sense as it relates to a license. This is a client not a server so unless UNIX is different from Windows with respect to maintenance and patches you can install either maintenance "OR" patches on a clean system and there is nothing you need worry about. Granted I don't do a lot of UNIX builds so I could be wrong but I can tell you for Windows systems you can install a 5.5.2.0 maintenance build on a clean system or you could install a 5.5.1.2 patch build on a clean system and both will work perfectly.
For AIX I have never seen this either so maybe things have changed and I just need to find the right document and start from there. Geoff Gill TSM Administrator PeopleSoft Sr. Systems Administrator SAIC M/S-B1P (858)826-4062 (office) (858)412-9883 (blackberry) Email: [email protected] > -----Original Message----- > From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of > Nicholas Rodolfich > Sent: Friday, April 17, 2009 7:35 AM > To: [email protected] > Subject: Re: AIX 5.5.2 client install > > In my experience, the 5.5.2 kit is not a complete install kit it is only a > patch or a fixpack.. You must install 5.5.0 code to get the license files. > When you uninstall the old code per instructions, it leaves the > configuration files in place. If you manually deleted those directories > then you might have lost some of the files needed that are included in the > 5.5.0 code but not the 5.5.2 fix. According ot eh doc. You can install > 5.5.2 right over 5.5.0. I have done it several times and it works (Windows > and AIX) good. > > > Regards, > > Nicholas
