From: Jason Whittington [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. Oktober 2002 22:16
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [ADVANCED-DOTNET] Possible to change type definition when
the type is loaded?

> Simple problem - sort of. I have a toolkit that needs to change type
> definitions when the type is loaded.
>
> Is there any interface where I could "go in between" to change the
class
> bytecode (for certain methods) while the class is being loaded? In a
way
> that still goes through the verifier?

I'm not aware of a way to do it at classload time but you can hook the
IL at JIT time and doctor it up using the profiling interfaces.  This is
how Jon Lam's CLAW works.

Have you thought about dynamically generating classes with
System.Reflection.Emit or similar? This might allow you to do some of
what you want.

Jason

You can read messages from the Advanced DOTNET archive, unsubscribe from
Advanced DOTNET, or subscribe to other DevelopMentor lists at
http://discuss.develop.com.