I have a windows service that acts as a .NET Remoting listener for incoming
requests from remote clients. I verified that the listener does actually use
the thread pool to service client requests. Now, given the fact that there are
(by default) only 25 threads available in each CPU's thread pool, should a
specific programming paradigm be followed by clients to ensure scalability?

For example, assuming my server has only one CPU (hence 25 pool threads), how
can I ensure that my .NET listener on the server will respond to 50
simultaneous clients? Should clients invoke methods asynchronously? Should
clients use only Single Call SAOs and hence server-side components should be
implemented as stateless?

Is there a document out there that formalizes the required/recommended
approaches for scalability with .NET Remoting?

Thanks
Yazan

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain sensitive and
private proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or
privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you are not the
intended recipient, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from
your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must
not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any
part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. CREDIT SUISSE
GROUP and each legal entity in the CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON or CREDIT SUISSE
ASSET MANAGEMENT business units of CREDIT SUISSE FIRST BOSTON reserve the
right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the
views of any such entity.
Unless otherwise stated, any pricing information given in this message is
indicative  only, is subject to change and does not constitute an offer to
deal at any price quoted. Any reference to the terms of executed transactions
should be treated as  preliminary only and subject to our formal written
confirmation.

This list is hosted by DevelopMentorŪ  http://www.develop.com
NEW! ASP.NET courses you may be interested in:

2 Days of ASP.NET, 29 Sept 2003, in Redmond
http://www.develop.com/courses/2daspdotnet

Guerrilla ASP.NET, 13 Oct 2003, in Boston
http://www.develop.com/courses/gaspdotnet