Hi Eric,

On Thursday 22 Apr 2010 20:14:49 Eric Brine wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 12:53 PM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> > Hi all!
> >
> > So far the only announcement of perl-5.12.0 has been to the perl5-porters
> > mailing as plaintext E-mail. It was copied in LWN.net:
> >
> > http://lwn.net/Articles/383203/
> >
> > But it's still mostly plaintext there. A Google search for perl-5.12.0
> > yields
> > no good result for an HTML announcement. I think we should announce it by
> > formatting it into HTML and publish it on the TPF (= Perl Foundation)
> > blog. True to my words that "Don't whine unless you are going to
> > implement it yourself." (see
> > http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/fortunes/osp_rules.html), I am willing
> > to do most of the work, but I'll need to know the desired format in
> > advance and some people will have to proofread my copy.
>
> I HTMLised the announcements when I post them to PerlMonks.
>
> http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=834384

Nice.

>  The HTML is:

Thanks for providing it. However, it is not XHTML/XML-compliant and so will
require some work. Still may be better than nothing. Maybe HTML tidy will be
able to easily whip it up to shape.

Is this HTML required by Perlmonks, or did you write it like that out of a
different reason?

Regards,

-- Shlomi Fish

[SNIP HTML]