On Friday 23 Apr 2010 18:40:38 Eric Brine wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:49 AM, Shlomi Fish <shlo...@iglu.org.il> wrote:
> > Thanks for providing it. However, it is not XHTML/XML-compliant
>
> Correct, HTML is not compatible with XHTML.

It is not completely (as far as standalone tags are concerned at least), but
you can at least close opened tags, etc. which you've neglected to do. I'm not
sure even HTML 4.0 still allows stray opening tags (such as <p> or <td> or
whatever).

> In fact, I couldn't make it make it compliant with both HTML and XHTML
> because I used HR.

What is HR in this context?

> > Is this HTML required by Perlmonks, or did you write it like that out of a
>
> > different reason?
>
> "this HTML"?

I meant HTML like the one you've written (see above).

Regards and have a happy weekend,

        Shlomi Fish