You guys are a bunch of hypocrites.

Okay, so Shlomi didn't link to the "holy" learn.perl.org site. Big deal. Its his site, it is a self-contained learning site and he doesn't feel his audience has anything to gain by going to learn.perl.org. And to be perfectly honest, trying to learn perl from learn.perl.org is a waste of time, its just a bunch of ads for Books.

I guess Randal is upset because Shlomi isn't sending traffic to a site that promotes his own Book(s).... That can be bought from Amazon....

Yes, Shlomi's site states the obvious, and alot of the examples can be found in perldoc's. But his audience doesn't know about perldoc, so its a great resource for someone who has no perl book and no experience - and wants quick access to some real Perl help with some real examples.

-John Von Essen