On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 10:16:11PM -0800, brian d foy wrote:
> [[ This message was both posted and mailed: see
>    the "To," "Cc," and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]
>
> In article <20090102174105.ga14...@plop>, Philippe Bruhat (BooK)
> <philippe.bru...@free.fr> wrote:
>
> > Wondering when the next Perl event is? Wouldn't it be nice if the
> > information was automatically available in your calendar?
>
> Well, that's what I've been doing with The Perl Review Community
> Calendar for a couple of years:
>
> http://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=ngctmrd1cac35061mrjt3hpgng%40gr
> oup.calendar.google.com

OK, so there is some duplication of effort. I'm not surprised. :-)
My data comes from my desire to get exhausitive conference data (including
some Act-related info), so I'm sure there is some data you have and I
don't, and vice-versa.

Of course, I understand that from a community point of view, it's better
to advertise a single authoritative calendar. The one I made scratched
my own itch, and I thought I might as well share it.

> It's the same feed that TPF uses on YAPC.org. You can get the data in
> all sorts of ways, and it has ICS feeds. It shows up in my calendar
> applications just fine. :)

I'd be interested to learn how to do that (and how YAPC.org does get
the information). I suppose there is some sort of XML export format?
I can't find a way to get to it from the "embed" URL.

> If anyone wants commit bits, they just have to let Jim Brandt or I know

I'd also be interested to know how to share information between our two
databases, yes. If a commit bit is needed, I'll take it.

Thanks.

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Be careful when you take one side or the other. You could wind up in the
 middle.                            (Moral from Groo The Wanderer #33 (Epic))