We have worked with APIs for years, but have never seen anything as crazy
as the process to make requests. We have spent 2 days going round in
circles through the various documentation and have still not been able to
make a simple API call.

We are using the PHP library. We do not use a configuration file as our app
will provide core functionality powered by our company tokens, and also the
ability for customers to login to action requests on their accounts.

We have set the oauth process, great usually by this point you can make
requests, but no, we then have to go round in circles trying to find a way
to make a request without the config file, We find that way, and then, we
now have to find a way of getting the customer ids which are not returned
when a customer authenticates our app.

Which customer ID do we use? Who knows, because the documentation says you
need them but does not tell you where they are. Great.

login-customer-id -  is this related to our account as the application
owners making requests to both our account and customers? Who knows.

linked-customer-id - well we are really pushing the boat out here aren't
we! So its not enough that we have generated an Oath Token,
its not enough that we have provided the developer token, its not enough
that we are providing
some unknown customer ID, we also have to provide a linked customer account
ID.

Can someone please explain in simple process how we make an API call? At
this moment we are simply
trying to make a call to our own account to generate some keyword ideas, we
are absolutely dreading integrating this API for our customers features.