Hello supraja,

The keyword is only deleted if it has no events associated with it,
otherwise it will still be present in the system as deleted criteria. Only
active keywords are considered for delivery.

For more details on keywords behavior I suggest to check with the general
AdWords support as it is not directly related to the API.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.