Thanks for pointing out the totalAdjustments field. I have been wanting a
field like that for months!
Unfortunately, even with totalAdjustments, the inconsistency is still
occurring.

Let me run through my logic real quick:
from the docs
<https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/v201609/BudgetOrderService.BudgetOrder>,

under spendingLimit:

> Note, that for get requests the spending limit includes any adjustments
> that have been applied to the budget order

So the spendingLimit of a BudgetOrder should include the totalAdjustment:
*spendingLimit* = *monthly budget *+ *totalAdjustments*
which, in turn, should mean:
*spendingLimit* = *monthly budget* +* invalid click credits *+ *overcharge
credits* + *any other kind of credits/adjustments*

For reference, I looked through the transaction history page in the mcc,
and summed up all the different credits for this budget: $0.56 in invalid
click credits, and $3.00 in overcharge credits.

I requested the BudgetOrder again to double check, and got this:
spendingLimit: $120.56 = monthly budget ($120.00) + invalid click credit
($0.56)
totalAdjustments: $0.56 = invalid click credit ($0.56)

which is missing the $3.00 overcharge credit listed in the transaction
history page (I can provide a screenshot of the transaction history page in
question, if needed)
>From the docs ("the spending limit includes any adjustments that have been
applied to the budget order") I expect this response:
spendingLimit: $123.56 = monthly budget ($120.00) + invalid click credit
($0.56) + overcharge credit ($3.00)
totalAdjustments: $3.56 = invalid click credit ($0.56) + overcharge credit
($3.00)

My problem is that, at least by default, the adwords api *does not report
overcharge credit in either spendingLimit or totalAdjustments*

Thanks!
-Evan

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a4484f8f-8f32-427d-b1f5-c4ab7b32b735%40googlegroups.com.