Hi Nadine,

I re-checked our logs and found that it appears to started giving errors
from 2018-04-10.  Our usage of these criteria is relatively new compared to
others (keywords, locations, etc) and the verification on all the required
user interests wasn't working properly.

I hadn't realised we could pull this list with the ConstantDataService.
I'll start using this to keep our lists up to date.
Any announcements to the changes of these lists would still be very
helpful.  We were using these as targeting for specific products and were
also planning on building a new campaign around these as well.

I can message you privately if you'd like the list of ids we were using.

Also, what happens to any adgroups targeting the removed user interest
categories?

Thanks,
Matt.
On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 10:09:53 PM UTC-5, Nadine Sundquist
(AdWords API Team) wrote:

> Hello Matthew,
>
> My assumption was that this was a one-off, but it sounds like you might be
> separate from Gary? It is unusual for things to just disappear like that. I
> would have to pop through our announcements. What day exactly did you start
> seeing these errors? That would help me narrow down when exactly they were
> removed.
>
> Thanks,
> Nadine, AdWords API Team
>
> On Wednesday, April 18, 2018 at 6:06:23 PM UTC-4, Matthew Wawrin wrote:
>>
>> I'm assuming that this fix to the API is why I'm now seeing errors for
>> user interest categories that we've been using for months are now throwing
>> errors and are no longer documented in the list.
>>
>> I see specific brands we were using are no longer available.  Is there a
>> specific reason these were removed?
>>
>> When these criteria lists change, are they announced anywhere?
>>
>> Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/9b446a4e-b045-4544-ad75-926e5578a9fb%40googlegroups.com.
  • ... Gary Jiang
    • ... 'Vincent Racaza (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
        • ... Gary Jiang
        • ... Gary Jiang
          • ... Matthew Wawrin
            • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Matthew Wawrin
                • ... Matthew Wawrin
          • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... Gary Jiang
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
            • ... Gary Jiang
              • ... 'Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum