Yeah, we were already doing that.

Unfortunately, it seems that deleting a negative keyword makes it
unavailable both in the keyword performance report and the services api.

I think a solution would be to use the customer sync service to know which
keywords were removed.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/97f2fdc2-135c-4380-a65d-59732720e0b9%40googlegroups.com.