Using the customer sync api doesn't always address our need though, e.g. if
there's too much change data, or if we missed changes beyond the last 90
days.

Also, the campaign criteria have a status attribute in the service api, but
that attribute is not exposed through the campaign criteria(or campaign
criteria performance) report.
As we want to store the status field along with the criteria in our
database, we can't really rely on the reports for campaign criteria.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/a3bff855-d24a-4aa5-9eed-1511d223719f%40googlegroups.com.