  From: Mathew Howard
  To: AFMUG
  Sent: Friday, August 10, 2018 11:09 AM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ubiquiti Sues Cambium

  The thing I'm wondering about here, is what are they suing the WISP for (yes,
I'm too lazy to go find the documents and read them)?

  On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 10:57 AM Lewis Bergman <lewis.berg...@gmail.com>
wrote:

    My statement still stands.

    On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 10:10 AM Faisal Imtiaz <fai...@snappytelecom.net>
wrote:

      Love the armchair discussion, with everyone shooting from the hip,
without actually reading the article...

      ================

      Ubiquiti sued Illinois-based Cambium on Tuesday, claiming the company is
selling firmware that changes the existing firmware on Ubiquiti's wireless
equipment so it exceeds Ubiquiti's transmission thresholds, making it no longer
compliant with the Federal Communications Commission's rules.

      No they are not suing for IP !, they cannot !....

      They are making an interesting case.....

      I can also understand why they might be compelled to make such a case ! (
makes a for a very interesting liability responsibility ! )

      Regards.

      Faisal Imtiaz
      Snappy Internet & Telecom
      http://www.snappytelecom.net