Our project is using Ubiquiti / Mikrotik 802.11A/G and sometimes N
equipment, international versions that can run in the ham bands. AREDN
seemed to lack a TDMA protocol last time I checked so wouldn't be good for
higher traffic cases or to keep low packet loss. I'm trying to keep the
space diversity in-radio as often the radios can switch between streams in
<1 second, while most networking designs that use multiple radios for
diversity (e.g. OSPF) can take seconds to a minute to switch, in some
fast-fade cases that can cause prolonged annoyance due to constant
switching.