From: AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> On Behalf Of Adam Moffett
Sent: Monday, December 3, 2018 3:53 PM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] Splicing on a pole off road

I'm looking at some rural places where for some reason the power company chose
to run their pole line about 100 yards off the road behind the houses.

I cannot drive a bucket truck to some of these places.  Sometimes you'd be
crushing a corn field to get there or other times it's brushy and untamed and
you couldn't drive anything less than a forestry mulcher through it.

How do you equip someone for fusion splicing out in the bush like that? If we
build on this route, we'll have to be able to splice out there at some point.
Do you clear a space on the ground and set up a tent or do you climb the pole
and set up an aerial tent and lash a work table to the pole?

-Adam