Only thing annoying about NOT SETTING a preferred AP is that if the AP
reboots, customers can hop over to a non-ideal AP.

Only bad thing about SETTING a preferred AP is that clients can't hop over
to another AP if you need to take an AP offline for an extended period of
time.

If only the SM would periodically rescan when it's NOT connected to the
preferred AP, and reconnect to the preferred AP.. but Cambium doesn't seem
to be listening.