Chromebook is just a laptop running Android.
They are cheap, simple, and fast....but if you need something that runs on Windows then you're SOL.

-Adam

On 1/24/2019 1:06 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I don’t know anything about Chromebooks.
I need the ability to pull pdfs off of the OTDR, edit the PDF with Adobe (combine individual fiber test reports into a consolidated report), the write that to a jump drive.  And we want to use a regular keyboard and mouse.  And run windows 10 etc.  Can a Chromebook do all of that?
*From:* Bill Prince
*Sent:* Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:00 AM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] I did it
My chromebook from power on to ready to use is about 8 seconds. Takes me longer to type my password.
part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com
On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

    This is the mini computer I selected for my splicing trailer.
    Boots to the
    login screen in about 15 seconds, fully logged in and ready to go
    in about
    45 seconds.  Took a while to config Win 10 but really was simple
    and easy.
    Nothing out of the ordinary.  Not sure if I can power it off of
    the usb on
    the monitor or not.  If so that will be a plus.