Live stuff swimming around in it is much better than dead stuff floating in it...

On 03/04/2019 10:10 AM, Bill Prince wrote:
We have lived in a very rural property for almost 23 years. Our well is thankfully about 600 feet from the house.

However, our water tank was originally a redwood tank that was (we were told) a reclaimed pickle barrel. That would have been some huge batch of pickles at over 5,000 gallons, but I digress. We accelerated our plan to replace it when I found frogs swimming around in it.

part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:59 AM <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    A bit uphill and probably 100 feet away.  It was between the
    bunkhouse and the woodshed.
    The well and reservoir was way up the hill beyond that.  I thought
    nothing of the weekly sojourns to the reservoir to scoop the dead
    mice and other animals off the top of the water.  Long bamboo stick
    with a strainer wired to the end.
    *From:* Bill Prince
    *Sent:* Monday, March 4, 2019 10:40 AM
    *To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT sorry for the bragging
    eeewww. The outhouse was UPHILL from the kitchen?!?
    part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com
    On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 9:30 AM <ch...@wbmfg.com> wrote:

        Thanks everyone, I have forwarded your comments.
        When I look back at when I was a kid, living in an unpainted
        farm house in Oregon,  outhouse up the hill from the kitchen
        door (that’s right, no toilet in the house,  this was before
        hippies,  my folks were just poor dirt farmers),
        I have to marvel at all the good things that have come my way.
        Every day I give thanks that warm water comes out my showerhead.