If you have an iPad and iPhone... it is very seemless for them to work together.

https://www.apple.com/macos/continuity/

I was a long time holdout on buying a Mac... got one finally last January and I'll never look back.  They are expensive, but the user experience, reliability, and design are great.

It is one of those things that users invest in, get used to, and don't want to change.  Be it PC or Mac, Android or Apple, Chevy vs. Ford, etc.

To answer the question though - you will never go wrong with more memory.  Hard drive can be augmented by flash drives, external hard drives, a NAS, etc.

Here is what I have, but I do movie editing, some graphic design, etc. on my laptop so I wanted to beef up some of the specs (I also look at these with a 5 year lifespan, as my wife usually gets my hand me downs):

<https://atheral.com/>
Daniel White
Co-Founder - Business Development & Operations
direct: +1 (702) 470-2766
Facebook icon <https://www.facebook.com/getatheral> LinkedIn icon <https://www.linkedin.com/company/atheral/> Youtbue icon <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpPZv-EsGCj8LXfzylwCrjQ>