Mine appraised at 334K when I refinanced a couple years back.  Tax bill is
around $2.8K.

We also don't have a sales tax in the majority of the state (a couple of
tourist towns have a local sales tax to help pay for infrastructure that
the tourists consume).

We do get hit a bit harder than most on income tax if you're in the top
couple of brackets.

- Forrest