We are using a few Ignite fusion fiber switches.  Big complaint is that
there is some strange incompatibility with 844GEs where it will sometimes
cause the 844GE to reset its WAN VLAN settings if the ignite switch gets
power cycled.  Not sure if this has anything to do with ignite, but it
doesn't happen with any other switch we have tried.

VLAN settings are also mind bogglingly stupid.  It can do most things
except adding two tags, but the way it is configured makes zero sense.

Power/heat and dimensions are all good.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 12:23 PM Steve Jones <thatoneguyst...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We primarily use the HP Procurve J9803A (I think theyre called Office
> Connect or something now) With LACP for bonding our 2+0 SAF links. We have
> a site going in that will have three bonded links so I need at least 6 SFP.
> The new name of these also changed the corm factor, theyre deeper and wont
> fit in some of our enclosures.
>
> We dont do much with our switches beyond VLAN and LACP.
>
> Whats a comparable option with the less then 10 inch depth but still
> rackmount that wont take issue with HP LACP on the other side of the link
> if that matters? Ive heard good/bad on the mikrotik switches. These
> currently only need up to 2gbps aggregate, but that will probably change
> over time. Im not opposed to full SFP, but on our CCR we have a coup SFP
> gigabit copper that are flaky, I dont know if thats a mikrotik thing or a
> copper SFP thing

Carl Peterson

*PORT NETWORKS*

401 E Pratt St, Ste 2553