Shouldn’t be a difference because there shouldn’t be any ground current in
normal operation.  The clamp induces its own current.  I think it is up in the
khz area and then measures what is flowing.

From: dave
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2019 8:54 AM
To: af@af.afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fw: Active Lightning Suppressor - Snake Oil, or Science?

Its best if site is powered down but I ve measured either way and havent really
seen much difference

On 5/24/19 9:10 AM, Lewis Bergman wrote:

  No, it isn't that simple. If you clamp it on a ground rod below the ground
ring attachment it gives you the resistance to ground of that particular rod.
  You clamp it on the incoming nuetral line from the power company to measure
the complete site resistance.

  On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:31 AM Josh Luthman <j...@imaginenetworksllc.com>