Another approach if you can’t get out there fast enough with a portable
generator would be strategic load shedding.  Often we see that 90% of the
customers are also without power so we’re getting no benefit by keeping the APs
running, but maybe we’d like to keep the backhauls up so other sites aren’t
affected.

My observation is once you get to the LVD trip point, the rate at which the
battery voltage is dropping has accelerated and there’s not much runtime left
anyway.  Also I worry about equipment getting into a locked up state if the DC
voltage got too low but didn’t cleanly go off and back on.

Normally we try to have enough battery runtime that we can get there with a
generator.  There are extreme circumstances though, like widespread power
outages, or we’ve had ice storms that took down power wires but also made the
roads impassable for 24 hours.

I do sometimes wish battery management systems with built in LVDs would let us
adjust the trip point a little lower, like maybe 19 or 20 volts instead of 21.