I always thought mineral spirits tasted like refined kerosene, im assuming
the taste test isnt a part of the chemistry testing though. Anything that
dissolves oil should be good though.
Rubbing alcohol or hand sanitizer probably works as long as its rinsed
off, but the higher content dries quicker, so less distilled keeps
everything soluable  for removal.
I found out a few years ago bragging i used to be immune from poison ivy
cutting  a tree covered in it and holding my crank while evacuating the
bladder that i am, in fact, no longer immune.
When the red is on it, ive been told its almost a powder, like pollen, so i
dont know.