All of our DDB boxes have the brushed metal finish.  I painted one of them
with some white elastomeric roof coating stuff from Lowes that is meant to
reflect solar energy, and the peak internal temp only went down ~5°F.  We
have a lot of gear in that box, so I think an application with a larger
ratio of solar gain to internal heat generation would benefit more.  After
the paint failed to solve the problem, I replaced the 110cfm fans with a
pair of 48vdc 250+cfm fans, and the temp went down 20°F; it does make a lot
more noise though.