snap

From: Chuck Macenski
Sent: Friday, August 30, 2019 8:51 AM
To: AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Fwd: FCC ID SWX-AF60 Application Processed : Ubiquiti Inc.
for New Equipment

I am not going to comment on new products, but I will remind everyone that we
came from Motorola, not Cambium!

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 9:22 AM Colin Stanners <cstann...@gmail.com> wrote:

  Unfortunately the AirFiber 60 FCC submission does not urrently include the
user guide, so there's many things that are still unknown about it, but some
notes from my quick view:

  -The Ubiquiti Early Access store lists it for $300. At that low price I'd be
quite surprised if it was based on FPGA or Ubnt's proprietay silicon - it's
likely Wi-Fi chipset based. This would be the first member of the AirFiber
family that is Wi-Fi chipset based, in which case I'd have questions about its
performance, especially in number of PPS, and software stability. (Currently
the AirFiber line is what I consider Ubiquiti's best products - kind of
expected since the ex-Cambium team was involved).

  -I'm surprised of the manufacturers (Ubnt and MT) that use a grid dish at
60Ghz; at that wavelengthand considering their experience in using solid
dishes, I would think it would be easier and cheaper to use a solid dish.