Well, First, an ASR isn't required on anything 200 foot or under. So is it
over 200 foot? If yes and you don't plan on renting space out to someone
else you technically don't need an ASR. You can get an ASR for almost any
structure regardless of height. ASR's make some things easier, like getting
licensed PTP links and letting people find the tower that might want to
rent it for instance. If it is over 200 foot or already has an ASR,

I won't bore you with the story but the fact it has no NEPA will likely
only matter to a carrier. You can actually get an ASR and self certify that
a NEPA isn't required in about 15 minutes if you have all the info in front
of you and know what you are doing. The only reason you need a NEPA anyway
is that the Feds say you need one to get an ASR, which is a Fed thing. No
ASR needed, no NEPA required. NEPA can be frustrating. I spent months doing
the work, hiring experts, etc, etc. all to come to the conclusion that no
NEPA was required. It seems cyclical but the bottom line is you can do all
the studies and if they come back clean the only place it is recorded is in
the E-106 study, not the ASR.I'll show you an example of what I mean. The
tower below had a full NEPA/NHPA
ASR 1302897
<https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/AsrSearch/asrRegistration.jsp?regKey=2702592>
Here is the Enviro section. As you can see, it says " Environmental
Notification is complete and an Environmental Assessment is not required. "
You don't know it isn't required until you do it, but the effect of doing
is the same as if you just clicked the box that it isn't required, one
isn't needed. You can't submit an assessment if one isn't required, at
least not the last time I did one. Kind of Catch 22 but if you tell the FCC
that they can't even underatand why you would say that.
*Environmental Compliance*
Does the applicant request a Waiver of the Commission's rules for
environmental notice? Is the applicant submitting an Environmental
Assessment?
No   No
Is another Federal Agency taking responsibility for environmental review? Does
the applicant certify to No Significant Environmental Effect pursuant to
Section
No   Yes
Reason for another Federal Agency taking responsibility for environmental
review Basis for Certification
  Environmental Notification is complete and an Environmental Assessment is
not required.
Name of Federal Agency Local Notice Date
  05/25/2017
National Notice Date
05/30/2017

Anyway, up to you for what its worth. The bottom line, you are not required
to do anything if you don't want an ASR. If you do, you have to start
playing the Feds games.

On Mon, Oct 28, 2019 at 2:30 PM Roland Houin <rho...@fourway.net> wrote:

> My concern is that there are rumors that this site may not have been
> compliant with fcc requirements.
>
> Tower installed after 2000, no nepa?
>
> Want to make sure that there aren’t any suprises…
>
> Thanks for the advice..
>

> Roland

Lewis Bergman
325-439-0533 Cell