From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Sunday, November 17, 2019 9:00 AM
To: 'AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group'
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] tired of entitled streamers

I think that’s a mistake WISPs often make, assuming you can apply 100% of
revenue to paying off equipment cost.

There’s labor, FCC licensing, insurance, bandwidth costs, tower rent, power,
equipment maintenance, G&A costs, and the cost of capital to buy that equipment
upfront.  And we find ourselves replacing or upgrading equipment every 3-5
years, and there’s always the threat of subsidized overbuilding.  So yeah, you
want to see a quick payback.

As a rule of thumb I usually use 50% of revenue in payback calculations.

Also, I don’t recall saying my customers have nowhere else to go.