Oh is that a Tycon PoE?

The old Motorola dongle definitely will fry a Nanostation.  Maybe your aftermarket PoE is better in that respect.

On 12/2/2019 8:57 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

I just tried the experiment with a used M2 that I had around and was willing to sacrifice.  The LED on the POE-24iR-CI was off, probably indicating a short.  I only left it plugged in for maybe 30 seconds.  Afterward I plugged the Nanostation into a Ubiquiti POE and it powers up.  Not sure if this means it is OK, or it is partially fried and cannot be relied upon long term, or would have been fried if I had left it plugged in longer.

I am trying to decide if this is a truck roll and new radio situation, or a mail the customer a new POE situation.

(The story behind this is customer A buys the house of customer B and is moving in.  Customer B had Nanostations from a shop building to the house because of line of sight issues.  Customer B did not leave the Ubiquiti POE. Customer A goes to his old house and brings the Cambium POE to the new house and plugs it in.)

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Mathew Howard
*Sent:* Monday, December 2, 2019 7:39 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] will reverse POE fry an M5 Nanostation?

I would guess not, but it could be...

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019 at 7:26 PM Bill Prince <part15...@gmail.com <mailto:part15...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    I'm guessing you're right. Nanostations are cheap enough that I
    would not expect them to have reverse polarity protection.

    bp

    <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

    On 12/2/2019 5:21 PM, Ken Hohhof wrote:

        I have a customer who plugged an M series Nanostation Loco
        into a reverse polarity POE intended for a Cambium SM. (long
        story)

        Anybody know if this means the Nanostation is fried?  I’m
        guessing yes.

-- AF mailing list